Education Category: Creative
In countries like Malawi, toys are non-existent. However, we noticed that they have a lot of mais (corn).
With this guide children can make, with a little help, their own doll using the leaves around mais that usually get burned.
1. Take about 12 mais leaves together
2. Tie them together on one end (use rope, or another piece of some leaves)
3. Tie them together a short lenght under that, and fluff out the leaves to make a head
4. Tie 3 leaves on two sides together to make arms
5. Tie the rest of the leaves together halfway down, and spilt the bottom part into legs
6. Customise the face as you like it
Illustrated description in the attachment