- 2 to 3 very ripe bananas, peeled (about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups mashed)
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup sugar (1/2 cup if you would like it less sweet, 1 cup if more sweet)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
-Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C), and butter a 4x8-inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 350°F (175°C), or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes. Then remove the banana bread from the pan and let cool completely before serving. Slice and serve. (A bread knife helps to make slices that aren't crumbly).
No need for a mixer for this recipe! Clean-up is easy too, if you want, you can mix everything in one mixing bowl.
The best bananas to use for banana bread are those that are over-ripe. The yellow peels should be at least half browned, and the bananas inside squishy and browning.
Ready In: 55 min.
- Ripe bananas, melted butter , baking soda, salt, sugar, egg, all purpose flour, vanilla extract
Banana Loaf juliettekwee contributed on 03-02-2019 06:40
When I was living on a remote island for 9 months, one of the favorite "treat" there was, was Banana Loaf. I ate it so many times, now I havent anymore for a couple of years. While eating Banana Loaf, it always reminds me of the people in Apo Island.
Add new contribution