Guacamole: easy, quick, delicous, healthy and vegan! Who doesn't love it? You can dip your nachos in it, spread it on toast or put it as a topping on your rice bowl!
Here's how I make mine:
- 2 Ripe avocados
- Jalapenos or chili peper to preference of heat (I prefer fresh, but you could use chili powder)
- Half a (red) onion or a small shallot
- 2 Garlic cloves (or less, or more)
- 1 Lime
- Salt and black peper
- Ground cumin
Unlike many others, I prefer my guacamole without tomatoes because I feel it can make it to thin/watery sometimes.
- Slide open your avocados, take out the pit and put the flesh in a medium size bowl.
- Smash the avocados with a fork until desired consistency (I like mine chunky and not too smooth)
- Chop half the onion or the small shallot and the garlic in very fine pieces.
- Add the onion and garlic together with a pinch of salt and black peper, a pinch of ground cumin, a tablespoon of chopped koriander leaves, and the juice of half a lime.
- Mix well
- Add the jalapenos or chili peper to preference of heat
- Taste to see if you need more of anything: Salt? Lime? or a bit more heat?
That's it! And so easy.
Let me know when you try it! What is your guacamole recipe?