A creative activity whereby children are going to make a flower.
Before starting with this activity you have to prepare the materials. Every child gets a template flower (already cut out).
The activity is described in different steps:
- Draw the lines of the flower petals.
- Colour the flower petals.
- Cut out the new flower.
- Fold the petals inwards
- Set the flower in a bucket of water in the sun and wait until the petals completely open.
- Watch together how it opens and explain that flowers need water and sun.
- organize the materials:
- The teacher prepares a flower for each child (use thicker cardboard)
- The child draws a line around the cardboard-flower:
- The child draws with the help of the teacher and by using tools such as a ruler:
- Introduce color pencils and start painting :
The teacher asks which color the child is using to paint the leaf
- Cut out the flower with a child - safe scissors!
- Alternatively decorate the flower : mark the flower, add dots and number the leaves
- Set the flower in water and let it float.
- The flowers open totally in the water!:)
- Physical & Arts & crafts: Fine motor skills
- Science: flowers need water and light and/or colours
- Math: Counting & colours