JoHo kan jouw hulp goed gebruiken! Check hier de diverse bijbanen die aansluiten bij je studie, je competenties verbeteren, je cv versterken en je een bijdrage laten leveren aan een mooiere wereld
It studies the interaction between the brain and body through the nervous system Central nervous system – the brain and the spinal chordGanglion cells - cells that connect peripheral with central nervous systemPeripheral nervous system - Nerves connecting organs, muscles & spinal cord Neurotransmitter (transmits signals from cell to cell)Located in: central nervous system, acting as a neuromodulator (most abundant neurotransmitter)peripheral nervous system to activate musclesTransmits signals between motor nerves and skeletal muscles Alterations in the receptors found in: Parkinson and Alzheimer's diseases, schizophrenia, depression, epilepsy, diabetes, respiration disorders, some immunological disordersNicotine exerts its biological effects through nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. In ex-smokers, nicotinic receptors take over a month to normalize. Autonomic nervous system:Composed by the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systemSympathetic: fight or flightParasympathetic: rest and digestArtery: only sympatheticBladder: controlled by both systems. There is inhibition from the frontal lobe, but the limbic-system takes over when scared PupillometrySkin Conductance (Galvanic, electrodermal)Heart rate, Variability (HRV, IBI)Blood pressure (systolic, diastolic)Startle response, blinks (EMG)Respiration to understand how the brain controls the body (and vice versa)because physiological signals may serve as objective measures of cognition & emotion Test strength of visual masks on subjective (was there a spider?) and objective measures (SCR) in phobic personsUnconscious stimuli can...
The full content is only visible for Logged in World Supporters.
More benefits of joining WorldSupporter
- You can use the navigation and follow your favorite supporters
- You can create your own content & add contributions
- You can save your favorite content and make your own bundles
- See the menu for more benefits
Full access to all pages on World Supporter requires a JoHo membership
- For information about international JoHo memberships, read more here.
Support JoHo and support yourself by becoming a JoHo member
Become a Member
- for free to follow other supporters, see more content and use the tools
- for €10,- by becoming a member to see all content
Why create an account?
- Your WorldSupporter account gives you access to all functionalities of the platform
- Once you are logged in, you can:
- Save pages to your favorites
- Give feedback or share contributions
- participate in discussions
- share your own contributions through the 7 WorldSupporter tools
Add new contribution