The festive season means some joy, excitement and a reason to be together or celebrate. You enjoy the festive season with your family or loved ones. Christmas crackers or burst is the real joy you like to enjoy. A lot of paper waste is produced on a particular day and thrown in the bin. It was not recycled and included in the landfill is harmful to the environment. Xmas crackers can be prepared at home with the waste materials already available. It is an eco-friendly way of preparing crackers and celebrating festivals.
You should explore your home storeroom for some usable materials. Look for the designs and use spare materials for making the best Christmas crackers. It can add a personal feel to the gift and include the things of choice. You can make it special and eco-friendly for your friends and family.
- Select and collect the materials
When making crackers at home, you should avoid buying any new decor items or materials. You can collect some wrapping paper and that can be some rough paper or brown paper. It is best to utilise the leftover wallpaper that is of no use. You can get a round of your whole house and look for inspiration and ideas.
- Cardboard tubes - You will require cardboard tubes and can get them from kitchen roll or toilet paper holders. It can be prepared from a hard paper sheet. There are wedding cards that can be utilised perfectly.
- Cracker snaps - Arrange the compostable cracker snaps to make noise. It is enjoyable for kids and everyone.
- Ribbon, string or twine - You can utilise the school time ribbons, old decoration ribbons and string. Pick the available ones and use them to make the best Christmas crackers in Australia.
- Craft knife - Everyone makes some craft project in school or exhibitions out of passion or interest. It needs a craft knife to cut the thermocouple sheets. You can use that craft knife for making Christmas crackers at home.
Ruler, pencil and glue are common materials in making some creative things. It needs some measurements and paper cutting for making uniform Christmas Bonbons in Australia. There should be some gifts to fill in the crackers. You can decide it is the same for all or keep it according to the likes and wishes.
- Decorate the crackers
You can decorate the crackers to make them more attractive. The washi tape can be used to decorate the crackers. It is biodegradable and acts as an alternative to plastic tapes available in the market. You can choose the decorative pattern of the tape and make an eco-friendly cracker. If you have fantastic creative and drawing skills then draw some festive designs on the crackers. You should use your innovative skills to decorate the crackers perfectly well.
- Gifts or fillings of the Christmas crackers
The best opportunity you will get with the Christmas crackers at home is that you can personalise them. You can surprise your loved ones with their preferable gifts. The fillings could be special or you can give something special from your bucket.
- Enjoyable snaps - The first gift you will receive on opening the crackers snapping the loud sound of the cracker. It provides a festive celebration feel. The snap cracker sound is common in every gift.
- Chocolate or sweet treat - You can fill chocolates in the Christmas Bon Bons in Melbourne. Every guest has something sweet to eat on a festive evening.
- Gift - The Christmas crackers contain gifts and that gift can be anything. It can be a toy for kids, jewellery for adults and supporting useful material for senior citizens. Many customers give orders to the manufacturers for custom crackers. You can make it at home with your choice of gift filling. It is best to know about the favourite things of everyone in your house. You can put it in the cracker and surprise them.
- Jokes or riddles - Make your jokes and put them in the crackers. The jokes can be prepared or some lines can be written about the personality of the receiver. You can ask some riddles about their loved ones or family.
- Paper crown - There is a paper crown of different colours for the receiver. You can design it accordingly and it is common in every cracker.
It is quite interesting to add these fillings to the Christmas cracker. The crackers are a different form of love expressed for your family and friends.
- How to make a Christmas cracker?
You can make a cracker by positioning the outside paper face down. It should have short edges at the top and bottom with the cardboard tube placed in the middle. Roll the wrapping paper around the cardboard and twist from the ends. Secure the edge with tape and fill the cracker with fillings from the other end. Twist the other end of the Xmas Bonbons and tie it with ribbons. Fix the cracker snap and place the names on it.