Plastic was a great invention back in the olden days that was used in almost every household materials. Even today, plastic is used in almost every industry. However, plastic have been contaminating earth as well. Humans are using over 160,000 plastic bags every second which means more than 5 trillion plastic bags will pollute the earth.
Moreover, plastic is not biodegradable which means it would take around 700-100 years to degrade and that is the reason why people are finding alternative solutions to it. Although when it comes to packaging materials, it always revolves around plastics and paper bags. While there are a number better way to get bags that will converse the environment beyond being highly convenient in carrying items around such as eco-friendly bags. There are many advantages of using eco-friendly over plastic bags which you can read in this article:
They’re Environment Friendly
One of the biggest reasons to switch from traditional plastic bags to reusable and eco-friendly bags comes from the environmental impact. In today’s social media age when one negative incident can spread like wildfire across the web and can damage your business’ reputation. Take a look at some of the facts given below:
- Each year plastic is responsible for millions of death of birds and other animals.
- Another disadvantage of plastic bags is that it takes up to 1000 years to decompose.
- Eco-friendly bags are produced from a number of biodegradable materials like canvas or jute.
- The bags from ice-green.ca are an easy way to not only support environmentally friendly practices but to show it as well.
- Moreover, sturdier bags make it easier to recycle more. So, you can use them to carry a number of recyclables to any local recycling spot easily.
There is a plastic bag tax that increased the cost of plastic bags for both retailers and shoppers which makes a purchase of reusable bags more appealing.
- An average person uses about 13,000 plastic bags in his/her lifetime which is about a 5p charge. This means you will be spending $650/year on just plastic bags.
- On the other hand, a reusable shopping bag can cost you anywhere between 50p to USD 1 but has a lifespan equivalent to 500 plastic bags. This also means that you can save USD 625 a year.
- This is important as your customers are always looking forward to saving money where they can, so if you can explain to them this then they will be much happier.
- Reusable bags are even washable, so if there is any spill inside then you can just wash it and use it again and again.
- While there are many stores and supermarkets out there that offer their customers with bonuses and loyalty points for customers who bring their own reusable shopping bags.
It goes without that at its very core the point of a bag is to be practical and for shopping bags that practical purpose to ensure the safe transport of your shopping. Moreover, reusable shopping bags offer a whole host of practical benefits.
- Reusable and eco-friendly shopping bags will provide your customers with much stronger and hefty solution that plastic bags cannot.
- With the use of materials such as cotton, reusable bags often have ergonomic handles that allow you to easily carry the bags.
- Reusable bags are usually bigger in size than disposable bags but can be easily folded which will take up less room.
- Although if you got a cool and funky design on your reusable bag then it can become a fashion accessory for your customers, ensuring that your brand is seen wherever they go.
- Reusable bags are made from strong materials which means any leaks or spills inside the bag and prevents it from making any mess.